Sunday, January 24, 2016

ColourArt: Primary Elements and Stamping

In my last video for ColourArt I used  Primary Elements to create a soft background,   Background Video Link.  In this video, the background was turned into a card.  I had intended to use Twinkling H20 for the image, but after much consideration, decided to stick with the same product.  I tested this technique and determined it to be a perfect choice.

I used both backgrounds and cut them down to the right size.  The first one is an A2 and the second, well I just could not bear to trim all that gorgeousness away, so it is a 5.5" square card.

I cut mat out of gold Cardstock for the square card and did not use a mat for the other one.  I was struggling with the black but that was the paper that showed the image the best.  Gold seemed to soften it a bit.

The image was stamped with Versamark after a static tool was applied to the cardstock.  This helps control the powder,  Patting on the Primary Elements, finally brushing away the excess and cleaning up the mess with a Swifter cloth.  A quick spritz with water and after drying was ready for the card.

I cut the tag with an oval die, a mat from a slightly larger scalloped die.  Then using fun foam, created the corner element.  Final touch was to add a gold cord underneath the tag.
Everything was adhered with score-tape onto the card base, mat and finally the element onto the card.
I used scor-tape for 2 reasons.  Water color paper can be warped and it is hard to get good contact.  The second issue is that in Texas, my snail tape and ATG doesn't seem to stay stuck.  I am unsure if I need a different product or I am just glue challenged.  Anyway the scor-tape always holds for me.

I used a Heidi Swapp Glitter paper and it was backed with scor-tape before die cutting.  This paper is very thin but incredibly sturdy.  The combination of die cutting and score tape makes a durable sticker that is easily repositioned for a short time.


That is it!! All done.  Stop by YouTube: Primary Element and Stamping Video to see this card in the making.



Happy Crafting,
Josette
Link:  ColourArte
YouTube: ColourArte YouTube Channel
Supplies:  Primary Elements:  Beach house Blue and Sunburst
Veramark
Cardstock, black and gold
Swifter cloth
Scor-tape
Stamps are from Unity Stamp Company
Heidi Swap Glitter Paper in Gold

1 comment:

  1. I learn so much from you! Static tool?! Who knew! Beautiful cards. I love the colored images/stamping on the black cardstock.

    ReplyDelete