So lets start with the embossing.
The pink glimmery cardstock in the kit was perfect and I had a Tim Holtz embossing folder that was a perfect match. This paper is thinner and the folder embosses deep. How to keep it from cracking.
I cut a slightly larger piece of paper and spritzed with water, then used a tab on my Big Shot that did not give me a lot of pressure and held my breath!!! Perfect. Once it dried out I trimmed it down. I left the bottom edge alone (where it did not emboss) and covered it with a ribbon, as I needed the length.
With that step done, I needed to fabricate the "doily matt". The matt measurement was shorter than the doily. So I needed to trim it down but wanted those corners.
I layered two doilies until the design aligned perfectly, glued them together. The edge of the dress will cover that area as well. This was case of planning at every step. The matt was adhered to the embossed panel then a ribbon was added to the bottom and a bow with charm to the top and finally all was adhered to the Grey cardstock that had been cut and folded into the card base.
On to the dress. There are many different patterns and ideas for dresses on Pinterest. But I needed a specific size that would fit on my card and also work with my doily. So with ruler and a coffee filter created the dress pattern. I used the coffee filter for 2 reasons. The first was that it is cut into a perfect circle. I marked the center. The second was it has fold already to help me shape my dress.
The dotted lines are the valley folds and the solid are the mountain folds. I just roughly cut it in half and used the pattern on my doily to fold it.
Cut out the center of the doily and carefully placed my pattern to maximize the pattern on the doily.
Cut out the pattern and then folded along the fold lines on the pattern.
the dress is adhered on the card in the middle and on the two sides, giving a 3D look.
Created a bodice pattern, cut it out from the center of another doily, backed it with pink paper, added a jewel and mounted it on the card with glue dots and dimensional foam squares.
Finished!! No sentiment required. I will place the message on the inside. Ready for the next wedding.
|Close up of dress|
Simple card. this is an 5.5" square card. I stamped the sentiment on white cardstock with a grey archival ink and distressed with Pumice Stone Distress. This was die cut using a spellbinders die and mounted on a grey mat that had also been cut with the same die. The tag is from the kit, threaded with antique looking ribbon and embellished with abalone shell buttons. This was also distressed with pumice stone and stamped in a grey archival ink (Wendy Vechi Watering Can).
The pink and grey paper from the kit was cut into a 5.25" square mat and all was layered onto the grey 5.5" square card base. Simple and elegant. Perfect for a friend.
This card is flat and very simple because it needs to be able to fit into Project 3.
Project 3: The Envelope.
Thank is all from me. Your next stop is: Debbie.
Be sure and stop by next week for our monthly Blog Hop,
Paper Lace Mats
Paris Flea Market, Deluxe Kit