Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Club Scrap Blog Hop: Boardwalk

Time again for another blog hop.  This month has been another winning kit combination.  The Stamps, the papers, the embellishments made for a unique crafting experience.  So before I reveal my cards, let take a moment for some housekeeping.  You should have arrived from:  Deb, Deb duz Scrappin.  If you got lost, or just want to start at the beginning, Click Here.

This months kit said simple and playful to me.  So that is what I did.  This one is also filled with techniques.  So lets take a look.

If you have been following this month, you will see I used the same techniques but changed it up a bit.

Let us start with Card 1.  It is by far my favorite, but probably the most frustrating in that it was so fussy.

I started with white card stock.
Tore a piece of post it note and laid it across the card stock.
Layered and blended Cracked Pistachio and Broken China to represent sky and sea.  This was the most difficult part.  I did not want the sea to be smooth, wanted more of a wave feel, so I tried die cutting, inking with the mask and without.  In the end, I used the mask for the Cracked Pistachio and them removed it and blended in the Broken China.  For sand, I put the mask back in place, but a little more into the inking. Using Frayed Burlap and Gathered Twigs inked up a texture stamp and stamped the sand.
This photo  shows this the best.  I did use Copics to enhance the colors in areas, especially under the crab.

Next I stamped the images in Copic and colored them, fussy cut them out and used 3D foam for dimension.

I used Score Tape and attached my cardstock onto a piece of fun foam and die cut. With the stencils in place, used Broken China to give them color.

I cut a piece of tan card stock into an A2 size, and layered all my elements onto the mat, added the twine and attached to the card base.  For the words, I cut apart my stamp, Stamped in Black Onxy by Versafine and heat embossed in clear.  Cut down with my paper trimmer, die cut a sun and tucked up under the cloud, I just needed something.  Finished!!!

Another look.  Isn't such a happy Summer Card.  I just love that Crab.

Card 2:
I used papers from my Team Challenge that were created with Alcohol Ink and water.  Visit the posting here for details:  Team Challenge, Card 2

I am going to add the photos here too, as the card base used here, was what I photographed.
Top is the Ink in Water and the second photo is the dried background.

All that was left was to stamp the sentiment, add an embellishment and put it on a card base.  Easy.

The yard is from a previous kit and fit that button perfectly.  I just did not want to distract from the background.  I love the complexity yet simplicity of this card.

Card 3, is another one created using the Distress Ink and Household Bleach.  I just love how this looks and all the inks produce different results.

This ink is Gathered Twigs and creates  Teals with bleach.  In this example I did not go back in with the Distress.  I created the background, added a few shadows and very carefully added the bleach.  A die cut sun, and Summer Fun stamped and heat embossed and cut to just "give interest", added more of the same yarn from card 2 and a brass embellishments.  The perfect card to send with a photo from Summer Vacation to family.

That is all from me.  Your next stop is:  Jennifer

Until Next time,
Happy Crafting
Josette

Links:  Club Scrap
Boardwalk Deluxe Kit

26 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards,Josette and again great inspiring techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards featuring great techniques, as always. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the cards are wonderful! The card with the umbrella was worth all the frustration, turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great variety of cards...I'm sure the "fussy" one was a lot of work, but it's my favorite too. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW great techniques and the colors are super with this kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many fabulous techniques and I am going to try each and every one of them. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration. I love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, they couldn't be any more cute! I just love the colors and shading of the first card, you did such a wonderful job, it's just perfect with those stamps! Great techniques on all though of course!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards Josette! Love the last one with the bleach technique. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cool, love the fun take on the first card! Super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun "beachy" cards Josette! The bleach effect on the last one is something I want to try! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the beach card but my fav is the 2nd one with the ink and water background. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards! Love all the techniques and details!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great instructions - really really like that bleached one...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your beautiful cards, Josette. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful cards! The beach scene with the crab is one I want to try myself. It reminds me of summers in Salem, Massachusetts, where I grew up. Don't go to the beach out here in northern California so the cards brought back memories of times long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful cards! The beach scene with the crab is one I want to try myself. It reminds me of summers in Salem, Massachusetts, where I grew up. Don't go to the beach out here in northern California so the cards brought back memories of times long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You go girl! That"Summer Fun" card is awesome! Thanks for sharing> Denise

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your cards are all amazing. I just love the distress inks with bleach!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What awesome, fun summer cards! Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  22. amazing cards and thanks for directions

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fun technique! Will have to try! Awesome cards!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  24. You always have such fun techniques. Love the bleached card - very unique!

    ReplyDelete