Then using the new Distress Oxide, and used the ink pad to directly apply ink to the stencil. This created thicker areas in com places, but my goal was to actually coat the stencil plastic.
This is the result, if you look close you can see the thicker areas of ink, The white is where the plastic was. Ignore the yellow part, I was playing to find a way to use this.
Next, I misted the stencil, (paper is still in place), and laid a piece of water color paper on top and used a brayer to transfer the ink from the stencil to the paper.
That step laid down the blue lines. Dried well with heat tool. Then I used Distress Oxide,, Fossilized amber and directly applied the ink pad to craft mat, misted and ran the paper through the Yellow ink. Again dried with a heat tool.
The final step was to rub the Nuvo Mousse onto the paper to enhance the color and give it a bit of a shine.
Fussy cut out the tulip paper and mounted it onto a mat, this became my focal image.
Last step the sentiment.
Started with a tag die cut and cut out the die. Placed this on my Misti and aligned the word.
Replaced the tag cutout into the opening and stamped, Voila, Perfect.
Lastly just added a ribbon, popped everything onto a white A2 card. Done!!
Another easy but complicated looking card is this one:
Started out by arranging my stamps on a misty, stamped in Versamark and embossed in a white Embossing powder. Next, masked off the center.
And blended 2 inks, Cracked Pistachio and Faded Jeans, Distress oxide again, and gently misted. Wiped the embossing clear, removed the masked and stamped Celebrate on the center. A few rhinestones, a blue mat and a white card base finishes this simple but classy card.
This one appears more complicated , but it is just as simple. I started out with a Black Stamping and embossed in Clear. Then I covered the entire image with Glossy Accents and let dry.
Next I cut it all apart, and assembled it on vellum with pop dots, making sure to leave the "pieces" wavy.
Here is a better look that fives a better idea of the dimension.
The base card is a silver and cut down to A2 size. Matt was cut from silver printed paper included in kit. Mats were cut from same silver card stock, added a silver wrapping of embroidery thread and bow. Popped the sentiment on another silver mat. Simple and I think the saying goes well with the Cracked Tile effect. My idea for this card was from the Club Scrap Blog posting by Julie.
Well fellow crafter, that is it for me. Your next stop is: Jennifer.