Card 1: This card represents my Technique Post. I found this process and the resulting card to be something of "magic". I think I was more impressed by the outcome than I have been in a very long time. I just love this look. It is an Acrylic Paint Resist Technique.
the dauber and it is easily cleaned off of my stamp. Spray with water and wipe, all gone. The other acrylic paint is hard to get off of the stamp.
I think this works and is so stunning in part is because of the color combination. Play with this and try different combos. It is fast and easy. The best part is that the acrylic stamping is perfectly flat. If you don't tell how you did this, it would be hard to guess. When I felt it was complete, I cut to size and mounted.
I had wanted to use this as a background and add something on top. I just could not. The background needed to be the focus, so I set it off with layering and a simple silver ribbon.
This was more of a challenge. The first one just happened, this one, well it is a mistake turned into a Pocket card!!
I took one of the triangles I had cut off, and decided to make a pocket. First I cut a pink paper and covered the back of the card, then added the pocket..Ok I can use it for a gift card.
Now to figure out the from so it made sense.
Here you can see the inside. The flap with pink paper behind.
So I needed a Belly Band. I cut a strip 1.75 inches and scored the ends, glued the flaps and added a flower.
Here is a little trick: Score the first line on the band, then 1/16th inch away score a second line. This will form a box like end, that will fit the card better than just a single score line. Double click to see this up close.
All I needed was a sentiment and another completed card!!!
Ok we are on the home stretch!!
This is the most simple of the cards but in some ways a bit more challenging. Getting the printing so it looks right!!
Trim that stamp so you have a nice straight edge and use this as a reference. Easiest to do this to the top of the stamp, the Decenders in the lettering makes the bottom irregular. That is partly how this gets challenging.
Use a stamp positioner with a black ink. Take your time. This was stamped in Versafine black onxy on the plexiglass, then the card stock was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed in clear.
It took several trys to get it right. I staggered the lettering to get the desenders to fall in the text in a way to appear as a continuous writing.
Once stamping completed, I inked with Pumice stone and Aged Mahogany, cut it down to size and mounted onto a white card base.
Step 4: Stamped the sentiment in Black and heat embossed in clear, die cut and mounted it onto a black strip of card stock. Finished.
That is all from me, your next stop is: Jennifer
Other supplies used: Distress Inks, Distress Paint, Versamark, Versafine Black Onyx.