Thursday, May 19, 2016

Club Scrap: Creative License: Guest Designer

Hi, today I am featured as a guest designer at Club Scrap with the May Kit: Creative License.  You can see the entire post here:   http://clubscrap.com/may-greetings-go-guest-artist/

This was a fun project, I received the kit with the greetings and needed to create 12 cards.  So, I got busy.  By the end of this project I had a pile of scraps and needed 2 more cards.  So here is what I did with them:
So, let me show you how to make this card:

First I cut my scraps into 1/2 inch strips.  
I ran an A2 card base through my Zyron.  You could use any double sided tape for this.
Don't forget to Burnish, this gets all the sticky onto the paper.
Lay the first strip across the diagonal, but not corner to corner, slightly off set.  
Next strip goes perpendicular to the first.  Again avoid going right at the corner. 
Third strip divides up the lower part of the card.
Now just start laying in strips using the first 3 as guides.
continue on!
Trim down to slightly smaller than an A2, this measures 5.25" X 4.  All that is left is to finish it.
The options was to emboss.
Using a Sizzix folder, embossed a jalopy onto the lower edge and inked with Ground Espresso.
Mounted it onto the sparkly paper included in the kit as a mat and then onto a Yellow A2 Card Base.  

The next option was to die cut:
Once removed, I covered the opening with a piece of acetate or clear plastic, and placed the saying into the center.  This panel was mounted onto a teal card mat and then onto an A2 card.
A black ribbon completes the picture.

The rest of the cards that make up the 12 and the links to their instruction can be found on the Blog.  This card: Is a resist and uses the same technique that I featured in this blog post:  Here,  Follow the link to learn about how I used the Minc to create the background.
Well, until next time,
Happy Crafting,
Josette

All supplies are available at Club Scrap, the kit that was used: Creative License: Greeting to Go

1 comment:

  1. I loved every single one of your cards! You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete