Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Club Scrap Blog Hop: Color Me Happy

Time for another blog hop, seems like it was just Christmas and now it is nearly the end of January which means I had better get started on my Valentines.  Oh well, so it goes.  Before we jump into my cards, you should have arrived from Cheryl, and if you got lost along the way Click Here.

So lets get stated.  The kit this month was color me happy.  Included in the kit, besides the wonderful paper and stamps, was 2 sheets of 12 X 12 Yupo paper.  Yupo is weird paper that is really a plastic that is porous.  It accepts Alcohol inks like no other.  So, after my laborious task of creating the pop up, in my previous post (take a look if you haven't) I decided to Yupo my way through this blog hop


I pulled out my Ranger Alcohol Ink and my Copic Various (these are the same as the alcohol inks, but ofter a bit softer, 70% isopropyl alcohol and my Copic Blending Solution.  I had intended to use the ranger blending solution, bleach out areas, but unfortunately, I could find my bottle no where, oh well, I had plenty to play with.  And play I did.  I cut up my Yupo into useable pieces and just started dropping on ink.  Some I blew through a straw, some I added alcohol or blending solution and some went into the trash.  After a fun time, this is what I decided to keep.

Card 1:

I love this card, it is classy, elegant and perfectly flat for mailing.  

I started with the top image, but 1/2 way through I lost one of my panels and started over with the bottom one.  I should not be so messy and I wouldn't lose things!!

I cut this panel into 4th, then chose the parts that I like and using a 1.5 " square cute out the Yupo background.  I mounted this onto slightly smaller fun foam and centered them on a blue cardstock from kit, using a 1.75 inch die.  Placed the 4 squares onto a white card base and then onto the same blue cardstock in an A2 size.  I added some sequins in blue.  Lastly Stamped and embossed the Thank you on Velum and centered it between the top and bottom panels.  Lovely I think.

Card 2:

Well this was the most fun and little "out there".  
My Background!

My card.

I doodles all over the background with a black pen and a silver pen.

Then I glued little gems and enamel dots onto the "flowers".

Double click for a close up view.

I found a blue "dot or circle" in another panel, cut it out, doodled it into a flower and popped it into the corner on a wiggler.  Added a dragonfly (made the same was as in the pop up blog post, added a sentiment.  Placed it on a white A2 card base.  Voila!!


Card 3:

The background on this card said it all.  Nothing else required.  That is often the hardest with these cards.  When you just want it that background to be the whole card.  Trying to add something, often detracts from the background.  

Let's see what I did.

Not bad!!

How did I make this.  First it is mostly Copic Various liquid.  My secret tool to create this flowing image.  . . . . .


A Straw!!!!!!

So you drop on your ink and blow like crazy.  It dries rapidly and does not pool.  A dry air can, the kind you use to clean electronics works as well, but moves things way fast, sometimes too fast.  

Almost looks like a flower.  Very soft, and subtle compared to the Ranger Alcohol inks.  

Trimmed it up a bit, added a black ribbon and sequins.
The sentiment is perfect!


Stamped and fussy cut the tag, using the letters to guide the shape


Traced around the stamped tag and roughly cut it out.
                              Adhered the tag onto the shadow layer and trimmed it up more
This was popped up on fun Foam . Done!! 

Thank you for stopping by.  Your next stop is:   Jennifer

Happy Crafting, 
Josette

Links:

21 comments:

  1. Great backgrounds make even greater cards, Josette.
    Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you the number of times, sitting at my little craft table last night, I uttered the words, "Where the hell did it go? I've been sitting here the whole time!" It was nice to hear someone else suffers from the same "disability!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just about to type the same thing! So happy to hear I am not the only one this happens to.

      Delete
  3. Yupo is magical and your use of inks and a straw are perfect. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty cards - love yupo paper and your creations are super! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW WOW WOW, these alcohol ink creations are GORGEOUS! Love all your chosen color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am now inspired to get out my alcohol inks and play. I am glad to hear I am not the only one to lose things as I am in the "create" mode. I still have a die missing that I haven't found yet! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the backgrounds and the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards!!! Love all the design papers you created using the Yupo paper.
    hugs
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such an amazing technique!!! I am going to have to try it, I just love how your paper turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely LOVED the yupo paper too! The alcohol ink techniques react so differently with it than regular glossy card stock, so dimensional! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning results! I love each and every one of them!!! Yupo makes your cards come alive!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These colorful and fun cards make my heart sing right to my very soul! TfS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of the cards are lovely, but I think my favorite is the one where you turned the ink "blotches" into flowers. Very clever and I love the results!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Beautiful card backgrounds!!! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards! Love those backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful backgrounds on the cards! Love them all!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, great results with Yupo Paper! Great cards and techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love playing with alcohol inks and your backgrounds and methods are great. You have inspired me to get them out and play again.

    ReplyDelete