For this hop, I created 3 cards. I had many challenges with these 3 cards, but I got the job done.
Lets Start with a look:
Very simple this month and not complicated. Just need to understand your products!!!
Lets start with the first one.
Using a piece of water color paper, I laid down the wood element in the kit. To make sure it did not move I used a glue dot in the center. And misted away. After dry, I added more spray to the wood element.
Next step was to cut it down and adhered the wood element to the paper. I used glossy accents for this. I slightly offset the element so that that white outlined added as another feature.
I digress. Check out this bottle!!! it was in my kit. I quickly filled it with my glossy accents that was unusable because the nozzle was glued closed with my pin attached. Love this bottle. There was a red top one as well, my book binding glue went into that one. Once of projects was saved by this bottle!! But we will talk about that at another time, LOL.
Ok, I just cut it down added a mat, a sentiment, popped it onto a card, Voila Done!!
I wished I had a better picture of this. The spray was a teal blue, metallic and a Gold metallic by Heidi Swapp. It just shimmers. Used a Pink from her line and another brand of gold. All of this blended to form these varied colors. And it just shimmers. I used the pick from the kit for the mat and added a white card base. This is slightly bigger than A2.
Card 2: The Beast!!
I wanted to emboss the stamp and color the back ground but how to do that. Well I start with white card stock, embossed in clear with versa mark and then blended Distress Oxides into the card stock.
to my horror, the embossing disappeared!!
Ok, well I restamped it in versa mark, and embossed with clear again, but used Watercolor Paper. Rather than blend, I used three different colors and dipped the paper into the ink. Did not work!!!
Re did the stamping, same paper and this time used Each of the inks separate and used both the oxide and the regular.
Oxide is on the left and regular distress on the right. This is peeled paint. I repeated this with Broken china and Worn lipstick. Let dry and then added more in the areas that needed it.
This is the most accurate for colors. I blended regular distress in to brighten the colors more in some areas. Then I ran it through the MINC and removed all the embossing.
The critters are more prominent and crisper. Again this is a better depiction of the the colors.
Inked up the edges with Ground Espresso, Now it really pops.
Close up shows the crispness, looks washed out, but it is the lighting. It is darker and more dramatic like the samples above.
Added a ribbon, mounted it on a pink mat and a tiny fox charm finishes the card. The sentiment was saved for the inside of the card.
Ok, that mess from the first trial. Was trimmed down and stamped, added a fox and heat embossed his cute little face. Trimmed down the panel. From the Kit was a pre printed piece in smaller detail, i trimmed this down for the background. Added a doily a flower and ribbon. Finished as a 6X6 square card. Perfect.
Simple and a good use of a background that might have ended in the trash.
That is it for me, thanks for stopping by. Your next stop is Cheryl