Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Day 2 another card!

Today's card is interesting.  I was trying to water color flowers and this one came out dark and "fall like" not spring at all, which is what I was going for. The stamp is Straw-flowers, from Technique Tuesday,  I did have success in creating a spring flower with a later attempt, using  a different stamp, and a different set of water colors (will post that later),  but I needed to do something with this one, but what?.

I had a template for a swing card,   I had received a similar one in a kit at the Journey Coach meeting in March.  So I decided to try one on my own and only usea circle die.  All the papers were cut to fit, after I had the swing card base build.  I went with an antique or vintage theme.  I feel like it worked out well and "lightened it up at bit", not so dark and fall like, but still not spring!

I learned a lot about water coloring.  What works and what does not work in regards to paper selection and types of ink that work for water coloring.  In the end: I used Canson paper water color paper, 140# cold press, stamped in distress ink , pumice stone and water colored the image with  Peerless Watercolors.  After the main focus was completed, the background was inked in distress ink that had been  diluted and then was sprayed on (blue) and brown was dabbed on.  I believe these were tumbled glass and brushed corduroy.  One thing I like about distress is that when wet they produce a multicolored effect.  After drying, I  outlined with a copic multiliner and splattered ink spots using the same distress inks plus black soot.  I am not sure the title of the paper pack I used  as the cover and identifying marks are long lost, but I in know it was graphic 45.  Anyway, enjoy this "spark" and will post another soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment