Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Funstampers Journey: A cupcake for your Birthday

I am ready to announce my involvement with Fun Stampers Journey and share a card made with their stamps.  I have been wanting to align myself with a stamp company for some time and have been researching various ones off and on for the past 2 years. There has always been a reason I did not jump in. Stamps, Ink, Paper, Time.   This company was different, and sucked me in from the start.  Let me tell you why I chose them.

  •  First they manufacture their stamps in Red Rubber.  I love red rubber.  While I have clear stamps, I feel that I get a crisper clearer image with red rubber.  This stamp product has been around for some time and historically last "forever".  Clear stamps while nice in that you can see through them, I am not always happy with the stamped image.  I feel they are not reliably predictable in giving me the best results. .  I do believe that the inks and climate seems to be a factor with them more than with rubber.  Or perhaps it is the material they are made from. I have noticed that Photo polymer gives the closest result to rubber, but there is something about that thick rubber that makes me smile.
  • .The second reason: I can use other products in my design.  I am not limited in my creative being with just FSJ supplies, thus my hoard of other products can still be used. 
  •  The third reason: the ink!!  I love dye ink, but it is too transparent at times.  Pigment ink, while it gives a good vibrant ink, is messy and takes a long time to dry. I smear it more times than not, and unless I am going to emboss avoid it for the most part.   I, also  have trouble getting a decent image with pigment, I think I am too heavy handed.  FSJ inks are a true hybrid, vibrant, opaque and dries instantly. The crispness of dye, opacity and vibrance of picgment, and dries in a blink!! 

So this will officially begin my Stampers Journey and I will be sharing "Little Bits" of inspiration along my card/paper crafting journey.  So without adieu, my first card.


inside of card

outside of card, looking through the "window" to the inside.

This is a shaker card.  Created by using 2 pieces of acetate with foam between them and the space filled with sequins and beads.  The image is on the inside of the card, Thus the shaker is independent of the image and acts of a window.  I love this style of a shaker card.  Reason, I spend so much time coloring my copic image, I don't want it covered up by floating things.

Supplies used:
              Image colored on Neenah Solar White,

The image was colored with copic markers and then sprinkled with Journey Sparkle dust.
The dots on the frame were added with a Signo white pen and the bow is white seam tape.  Sequins, not sure where they came from but was a bulk buy from Michaels.  

So long for now, will post again soon.  Should have a regular schedule unfolding soon!!  I need to find a predictable way to get my photos to my IPad, so I have them ready when the time is right for posting.   If you would like more information, leave a reply or send an email.  Also, I have a link now where you can subscribe to a email notification of my postings. 
Josette

No comments:

Post a Comment