Thursday, April 16, 2015

Interactive cards:

I love cards that move.  I am not overly fond of using a die for these as often my idea, the stamped image or both just doesn't play well with a specific die. If I can figure it out, then I move to using the die.   There is something satisfying about figuring out how to make them work "just right".  I am going to share 2 of my favorites.
The first is a card that was inspired by my having to fix the blinds in the house.  The cord somehow came undone.  As I was following thread after thread, I remembered seeing a card on a blog with a curtain.  Could I make a blind, well maybe?  I could not figure out how to create the slats, Then I considered blinds that were a solid sheet, that was pleated.  After another search, I found some inspiration, both on crafter's blogs and on actual blind sites.  As I got into the process, it seemed to just "take off.  I do admit that I did not want to give it up to the intended recipient, But I did, fortunately I still have the picture as it was one of a kind.  I think it turned out adorable.

The curtain is drawn.  You can see the ribbons on the side of the curtain.  They are looped onto the back of the card, you pull on them and voila!

The curtain is open!
closer view of the party goers. The inside was just plain white with a Happy Birthday wish and signature space. 
The second card is a slider.  Pull on one end of the tab and the image slides with a message revealed.  This is using my favorite stamps,  Mouse House.  I just love those little mice.  The artist does such an amazing job of making them so engaging.  The images were colored with Copics.  The card stock and other supplies are unknown.  Forgive my messy desk, these photos were not taken with intention of sharing, but I couldn't resist. The inspiration for this mechanism came from SplitCoast Stampers site.
Card closed, they way it would go into the envelope.  
slider being activated.


the message is revealed, and the secondary card is starting to appear at the back.

Front view of the card with "window opened"

slider fully extended with message.  The picture did not do this justice.  The inking was a blend of orange and yellows, distress to match the card stock and resemble a sun glow.

.






Until next posting.  Will share another technique.  By next week, I should have some more cards using Fun Stampers Journey.  
Bye for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment