Here we are, another month nearly gone. This months kit is a lovely floral collection: Dahlia.
You should have arrived from: Lillian and if you got lost along the way, you can always start at the beginning by Club Scrap.
This month the challenge was to make flowers and or butterflies. I struggled with this. I have made flowers for cards, but my flowers are always too big and my interesting butterflies are often too big to. So rather than a card, I thought I would make a shadow box and show you some tricks.
Lets start with the background. This is a fun technique. In the kit was a white paper with resist.
I started with the large flower on the right. Using a very dry sponge that had been loaded with Aged Mahogany and rubbed off, I colored the flower. Then I used Crushed Olive, also with a very dry sponge and blocked out the green areas.
Next, I inked up the dauber, and working fast, added areas of intense color in both colors. So, I darkened the flower in areas and added more color to the leaves. Next I took a baby wipe, and spread the color around quickly over the entire paper. I did not stay in one place long, nor rub hard. I let this dry. Enhanced the color in areas that needed more intesity.
Next onto the flowers. I love glassine for flowers, they have texture and take up the color well.
So I cut several flowers from glassine, using the tattered floral and leaves from Tim Holtz.
These were arranged and grouped, then held together using a brad, and scrunched.
Then they were sprayed with several different colors of Radiant Rain until they looked like I thought they should. Hit them with my heat tool to set the wax and dye, sprayed with gold to give more shine and allowed to dry.
Ok, onto the butterfly. I started out by cutting several different shapes from chip board. Then I mixed different embossing powders. Chucky, glittery, fine, gold, silver, colored, until I had what I thought was a good mix.
Only thing left was to color the ribbon, which I did with a blend of Crushed Olive and Aged Mahogany. Then arranged my bouquet.
The trick to getting this arrangement to have dimension is foam dots and fun foam. The flowers were glued onto a piece of cardstock, then leaves added around then. The cardstock was trimmed away and fun foam added.
You are All done!! Thank you for joining us on todays Hop. Come back later this week for the Blog Hop. or start At the Beginning at Club Scrap Blog
Until next time,
Links: Club Scrap
Kraft Glassine by Ranger
Radiant Rain by Colourarte
Dahlia Deluxe Kit
Frame was from Michaels.
Assorted embossing powders.