This month I decided on not too complicated and hopefully simple. To give a good punch, I added sparkle or shine or both.
Lets take a look at the line up.
This is my favorite go to background. It is easy and quick but needs a few tricks.
The first trick is to use some form of static reducing method on your card stock. I just dump baby powder on my paper and knock off into the trash.
This was embossed with versa mark and white embossing powder.
Then using Distress oxide ink in Worn lipstick and Wilted Violets, and a blending tool colorized the paper. Then I just sprayed droplets of water to set the and blend the ink, heat dried. Cut it down to size and ready to move to the next step.
Using a die, I cut the background die out of cardstock with score tape on one side, Cut the detail die out of black and attached this to the score taped background die and added white micro glitter and burnished in. Then using copics colored the glitter. Very sparkly and is bold enough to stand out on that busy background.
Here is another view showing the back ground better, there are sequins and a fan from the kit. No sentiment on the front, the kimono needs to be the focus. This was mounted on a purple mat (included in kit) and a white A2 card base, with black ribbon.
Ok, now for Card 2:
All that was left was to mount this onto the card base, add the sentiment, and stickers of Cherry Blossom. Happy Anniversary is stamped on the inside and more stickers finish it off.
This is the most stunning and again very simple, well it was once I figured out the details.
This view shows the glimmer back ground paper and the big flower. The upper photo (at the beginning of the post) gives a better picture of the details.
Anyway. I played with punches and dies and finally settled on these.
All was placed on a 5X7 card base in white, with a pink card stock and silver Vellum mats (from the kit). I mixed the gold and silver to give interest. Silver mat, gold stickers, gold mat, coin and ribbon. A very elegant card, that was mailed as soon as the ink was dry to my oldest daughter for her Birthday. Lovely card in person. The photos do not do it justice. It is simple and elegant. The paper I used for the flowers was a Pink Vellum of similar type as the Silver paper for the mat. The entire mat is held in place with glue dots so to prevent the adhesive showing through.
Well that is all from me!! Your next stop is Jennifer.
Stop back later and see what I created for the Team Challenge.
Cherry Blossoms Kit