Tuesday, September 8, 2015

How to direct Stamp with Twinkling H2O's.

I have been busy creating my first project for the ColourArte Video posting.  It is a process with a very steep learning curve.  I had to fix my camera mount, lighting and work area to make filming easier.  After creating my test video, the deficiencies of my set up were apparent so I set about to correct this.  My current setup still needs work but thanks to my husband's help is coming along!!!

As a lead in to my first Video episode, I would like to share my test video and discuss why I chose to start with with this project.
Little pots of Wonder
Where to buy Twinks?  Click here
Thoughts:  I love Twinkling H2O's.( Where to buy Twinks?) They were one of the first purchases I made as a new crafter.  The lure of a sparkle in a water color was too much to resist.  I bet you all have those amazing little pots of wonder in your stash!!  Do you use them?   If you are like most, the answer is NO.  The why of this has always puzzled me, but then I remember my first experience using them and understand why.  But I would like to encourage you to get them out and play.  I hope these videos will inspire you.

When I started to pursue being a design team member, my first objective was to educate.  Where better to start than with Twinkling H20's.

Let's start with a few guidelines to get you started into exploring Twinkling H2O.
Always begin by laying out the colors you are planning to use and then spray with water about 5 minutes before you start.  How much water is very subjective.  I generally just spritz to start the activation and then add water based on how quickly the  water is absorbed.    I generally like them a bit thick and will  dilute later if needed .  The more you use them, the less water it takes to activate them.  Final step before painting and a very important step is to Stir.  Most forget this  step or don't realize that it needs to be done.  These have mica in them and the mica needs to be distributed into the paint so that you get a nice even glimmer or shine.  Many times I hear that "they are too dull" or very transparent.  These simple steps will help solve these issues.  1) spray with water 2) let sit for 5 minutes and 3) Stir.
Now that you have the basics down,   join me as we explore various uses and techniques using Twinkling H20's.

The projects: The first project with Twinkling H20 is direct stamping.  This is a very easy technique to master.  You can achieve a painted appearance or a water color appearance, by just adjusting the water and consistency of the paint, or spritzing the painted stamp prior to stamping.  



combination of techniques, but all were direct stamped.
These were all done with the same process.  Only difference was the addition of water.  The Twinkling H20 directly applied to the stamp, stamped and then doodled around the image to give it an inked appearance.  Final step was splattering with pain and mounting it onto the card.  Enjoy the video as I go through the steps
Very thick application of paint, very little water




Direct Stamping with Twinkling H20

On Saturday, September 12, my second video with Twinkling H20 will premier on ColourArte's YouTube Channel.  Remember to check back here for links and information.  You can also subscribe to  ColourArte's You Tube Channel.  Then you won't miss an episode of my creations or tany of t he other team members projects.

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog, so you will stay updated on all of the exciting projects from ColoruArte and Club Scrap, as well as my own creations.

Happy Crafting,
Josette

No comments:

Post a Comment