Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Club Scrap: October Blog Hop: Literature Kit

Time of the October Blog Hop at Club Scrap.  This month we are using the Literature KIt.  This kit is amazing, with classic books, aged paper, soft and antiqued.  Before we look at the cards, lets take care of the hopping links: You should have arrived here from Cheryl  and your next stop is Jennifer.  If you get lost Click here to start at the beginning.

Ok here are the Three Cards I created for this hop.
This month was a challenge in that I had used all my paper to create my memory book.  All I had left was a pile of scraps.  Some big, some not.  This situation had occured to me while I was making the book, but I thought, "Oh well, I will just print off some digital papers".  Well as luck would have it, I got side tracked making Halloween Cards and when I got back to this project, I realized my printer was completely empty of ink.  It was after 4pm, Costco is 30+ miles away and I was going to have to endure Dallas traffic on the weekend, oops, no ink.  No what.  Well my laser printer had ink and I have a Minc, so here we go!!!

Card 1:
This was my first card.  I love Alice in Wonderland and really like this rabbit.  But in creating my book the only rabbit I had left was missing most of his arms.

So I measured what I had, looked up cards that were close to that measurement and arrived at 6.5 x 5 as a 5-bar card.  Ok, someplace to start.

I figured this panel could measure 6.25 inches and I was just going to go with what width I had.  Inked it up, mostly to help the image to recede into the background and become a background.  Now I needed to cover up that cut off hand.
Pulled out my computer, loaded Photoshop and uploaded the digital files.  with ruler in hand I calculated how much real estate I had and sized the words to fit that area.  Then I bordered it in an outline, printed it out on my laser printer and ran it through the Minc.  cut it down to size and mounted it on foam dimensional.  I had this bare area in the right hand corner, stamped and embossed the medallion for the stamp set.
 cut it out with a die to give the border some texture.
Added a circle of gold ribbon,
Mounted the medallion on top, Finished

Card 2:



This one took some thinking.  I wanted to use the stamp in the kit, but I did not want it to be a background, and I needed to give it some dimension.

Look closely at the card.  Noted the rabbit and the "curiouser and" is darker.  How did I do that.  Well lets take a look.  There were two options.  One was to ink and stamp off, stamp the image, re-ink the parts to be darker and re-stamp.  Too much work and Too risky.  Remember I am running out of time.

So, 
I stamped it with an archival ink, Potting Shed, then applied embossing powder to only the areas I wanted Darker.  Magic.  Next to color.  Copics would have been to dark, this is card stock so water color is out and I wanted vintage.  Pulled out my water color pencils and colored the image. 
Then very carefully, added just enough water to "float the color". 

I think this worked.  Repeated for the rest of the areas to be colored.

Shaded around the rabbit and letters, added a velum banner and mounted it onto an mat and then onto an A2 card base.  Looked plain, so I added some gold ribbon and the charm from the kit.  Perfect.  Could work for any occasion and especially for an Alice in Wonderland fan.

Card 3

This one is just a repeat of Card 1.  Used what I had, measured the real estate, printed a sentiment, foiled int he Minc, mounted onto a mat, then a card base, added a ribbon and sequins, finished!!

Of the 3, this one is my favorite.  Clean and simple, but elegant.  Can't go wrong with a little gold, some bling and red.  This card will find an owner soon!!!

Thank you for stopping by, remember to continue on your journey and pick up your Literature Kit before they are gone.  Click here to move to the next stop.

Happy Crafting,
Josette

Links:Club Scrap


14 comments:

  1. Josette, your cards are all beauties!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the touches of gold and bling! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work on all of these cards Josette!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool cards and the recipients will be totally delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Joesette!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Josette, each card is wonderful and unique, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes it is not the supplies we have on hand, but the supplies we DON'T have that inspire us! Great job making magic happen without having to face that horrible Dallas traffic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Making additional cards from my leftovers is one of my favorite things to do. Great job on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had the same problem! You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You certainly ended up with great results and cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute cards! Love that you used scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can never go wrong with bling and gold! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You would never know these were made from scraps! Great idea to use what you have.

    ReplyDelete