Saturday, October 24, 2015

ColourArte: Breast Cancer Awareness: A Little Mouse

I would like to share my video that was made for ColourArte Breast Cancer Awareness month.
This is also where the download for the polaroid saying can be found.

 The project:

I was a tole painter long before paper.  I am not patient and waiting for that paint to dry, was tedious and besides what do you do with all that wood!!  Then I played with digital art.  Have I mentioned my love for Photoshop.  Digital Scrapbooking taught me all I wanted to know about layers and blending modes.  But then I would have to go to the printer in order to have a "hard copy" of my  final results, so they just sat stacked up on my hard drive.  Eventually I gave up and turned to painting on paper and only using photoshop for my digital images. I do love paper. I have speed of drying, no sanding (or very little) and immediate satisfaction. 

This project combines all those art forms and are dedicated in memory of my Mother and my Grandmother.  Mom was a tole painter and a stamper.  While she did not have breast cancer, she did have cancer and left us as a result.  My Grandmother was a breast cancer survivor.  She taught me all about life and was the force that fueled my crafter spirit.  

So I pulled pieces from those various crafts together and created this momento of Hope.

YouTube Link: Video: ColourArte Channel

https://youtu.be/cO2-Yr0ycuc

Process:

I was wandering around Michaels and stumbled on the wood section and thought of my mother.  OK, lets start there.  I bought 2 pieces of wood,  one was primed and the other raw wood.  Chalk paint and distressing seemed to be the best idea.  I was half tempted to paint directly on the wood, but it had been too long and wasn't sure how to use ColourArte products to Tole paint.   I am going to find out, but not today.  

No prep was done, I just painted on 2 coats of chalk paint on both pieces, distressed them, sealed and added a crackle medium to further age.  They both were antiqued with antiqueing wax.  
Antique Aqua, Cool Moon and Buff for the base coat.  Aging with antiquing wax.
The mouse was a digital download from  Sweet Pea Stamps: Karen Middleton


Using Gina Design chipboard Peacock Feather and Prima Flowers, created an embellishment.

Finally all the different pieces were assembled.  The boards were glued together and the paper holder was screwed into the wood.  All that was missing was a pink ribbon.  Nothing traditional seemed to work. So in the end, I made a bow with seam tape and sprayed with the color closest to "the right pink" and glued it onto the holder.  Only thing left was to open photoshop and create a saying.
This is the perfect area to add a picture or other momento, I opted for a polaroid  with a saying from Muhammed Ali.
This was created in Photoshop using Digital papers from a kit that I had purchased from Jessica Sprague, various fonts and brushes.
The creation of this is more complex than the project that it adorns.  So rather than explaining how I did it, you can click on the image, copy it into your computer and print it out.  
I printed it onto photo paper and cut out. This gave the impression of a Poloroid.




Hope you enjoyed this project.
I will be returning shortly for the Clubscrap Blog Hop and we will turn our attention to Copics.
Happy Crafting,
Josette

Links:
ColourArte

YouTube: ColourArte Channel   Video Link

Supply List:
Boards from Michaels
Chalk Paint and wax: Craft Smart: Michaels
Glaze and other Mediums: DecoArt
Gesso:  Golden
Seam Tape for Ribbon, colored with Radiant Rain

Digital Stamp:  http://www.sweetpeastamps.com/karen-middleton-digi-stamps/

Feather:  Gina Designs  http://www.ginasdesigns.net/Store/

ColourArte Products Used:
Twinkling H20:  Think Pink Set, Zircon Teal, Bamboo, Autumn                     Nutmeg, Solar Gold.
Radiant Rain:  Nutmeg, Egyptian Gold, AppleBlossom (on ribbon), Jasmine

Music:  What is love:    What Is Love" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

Dreams Become Real" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

Happy Bee by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
Source: http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/index.html?isrc=USUAN1300014
Artist: http://incompetech.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment