Monday, October 26, 2015

Halloween Cards!!! With Those Crazy Birds!

I have not posted just for me in forever.  I am not a fan of Halloween as a holiday for a very personal reason, but I love Halloween Cards.  I know that sounds crazy, but it is what it is.
So, I made some Halloween cards and thought I would like to show them off.

Now I am just saying, I am in love with Tim Holtz Crazy Birds and these cards have those "Crazy Birds" front and center with assesories by Crazy Things.

Card one a "Witch Bird".

Let us start with the background.  This is a fun technique.  Distress reacts with water so I used that property to create the background.  I started with Brown Card Stock.  Inked a Map stamp by Hero Arts with Distress Stain in Antique Bronze stain and then sprayed with with a glimmer mist.  In this case I used ColourArte Radiant Rain in Pearl Gold.  The spray activates the ink, and then this was stamped onto the card stock.  The more water you add, the more "watery" the back ground will appear.
This technique works with a background that has been solidly inked with distress.

The Bird was stamped and cut out on Water Color Paper.  It was colored with Twinkling H20's, die cut and then glued down in layers.  The hat was colored with distress markers. and glued onto the head.  The Broom was glued under the wing.  I did cut off the legs to reposition them so they looked like they were moving backwards.
Closer view of WitchBird.  The sentiment was stamped in Brilliance Gold ink and them covered in Ranger Princes Gold embossing powder and heat set.  Cut out and popped up on 3d foam squares.
This is an A-2 top folding card.  Mat was cut from platinum paper and mounted onto a brown card base.  The image was directly mounted onto the mat.  The bird and image is all that is popped up.
Silver ribbon and an brad finished the look.

Card 2: RabbitChick
I used a left over background from a Club Scrap posting.  It was created with Distress ink and a stencil (September Blog Hop, Club Scrap, instructions for background).

The bird was colored with Twinkling H20 and glued together.  The Rabbit ears and pumpkin basket were also stamped, colored, fussy cut and glued into place with the aide of dimensional.  The area branch was free cut from brown paper and a green leaf glued on.  This was popped up on 3d foam.  A banner was stamped and attached to bottom.

Wondering how I created those Question Marks.  This is a great trick!!  I took Heidi Swap glitter tape that she uses for her Marque signs, and die cut it with a die from sizzix.  They have glue on the back, so I just stuck them down.  Fun!!    

Close up of the Rabbit chicken.  Note he has a string holding on the bonnet!! Cute.

The next card is one from the year before.  I love this card and reproduce it whenever, with many themes, but the Hearse is my Favorite.  Details on how to make this is too complicated for a blog posting, so I am including it here for EyeCandy.





Closed the skeleton is driving the car.  As the card is opened, the coffin and the skeleton pop out.  
The original mechanism and creation can be found on Sizzix web site, Karen Burniston, Jalopy  She popped out a surf board on her card.  I am not sure of the date, but googling will quickly locate it.  

I made one additional card but the photos did not come out well.  It is an exploding box card.  The directions were found on SplitCoast Stampers.

I used my MINC to create the gold images.  These had been cut out using Mover and Shaper dies by Sizzix. I had created a black sheet of paper on my my computer.  This was cut then the the foil applied to the images.  On my first card series for Club Scrap (august) I show how to make the image paper and use the MINC to create a foil card.  This is the same principle but applied to a die cut.  The back panel was stamped and colored with Copics.

That is all for today.  Join me next week for the Club Scrap Blog Hop.
Happy Crafting,
Josette

Supples:
Twinkling H20 and Radiant Rain
Distress Inks:  Mowed Lawn, Abandoned Coral, Mustard Seed
Distress Stain: Antique Brass
Brilliance Ink: Gold
Momento: Tuxedo Black
Archival Ink: Black
Embossing Powder: Ranger Princess Gold

1 comment:

  1. I wish I was talented and patient like u. You can get more patterns about halloween pop up cards on the website. View more designs from them.

    ReplyDelete