|A Spinning Gnome.|
The first card is using that delightful Gnome. I wanted it to be 100% from the kit. So, red, green and gold it is. While this looks complicated it is very simple and straight forward.
First step is the Gnome. Don't you just love her. Well I pulled all the papers and ribbon that I intended to use and chose my markers.
|I colored 2 Gnomes, and fussy cut them out. The red scribbles in the background, are the red markers used to create that skirt and hat.|
|Score-tape added to back. Note that the edges of the clothing have been colored on the back. This is because they are not symmetrical and the backs will show in places.|
|Gold thread added to the top and bottom of one of the Gnomes, then they are "glued" together. I also added Glossy Accents to the very edges of the Gnomes where the thread exits to make sure it holds.|
The rest of the card is basic. I cut another 5 x 7" plus flap out of the patterned paper in kit and adhered it to the right edge of the card. Making it a tri-fold. Then added a sentiment.
|Tried to catch her spinning, not a good photo, but you can see how I compensated for the images not matching.|
First I cut out the largest square out of the first card base. Then using the middle die cut an opening in a piece of red card stock. Here is a trick. Cut everything out, leaving a bit large, glue together and then trim. Perfect fit~~
|Match everything up and trim.|
Following the instructions, put them together. Using the smaller die, I cut out a square, stamped my image in Brown Archival, Heat embossed in clear and shaded it with Copics. Then I inked the image with Distress Ink: Fired Brick, and rounded the corners of the image as well as the lever. Added some embellishments, a ribbon, front done! It looks like a cookie cutter.
Finished the inside by matting and adding sentiments, more embellishments. I even covered the inside area.
I was trying to use a background that I had created for a ColourArt project and had way too many!!!
That project and discussion is in a blog posting dated September 14 and is the background that was misted through a texture plate. I started by stamping directly onto that, and was going to use it as the entire card base. But it was too flat and uninspiring. So I cut it out and distressed the edges.
But what to do with it. Well I love the folded edge card on the Club Scrap Blog by Julie. The Club Scrap Blog: Corner Card but my image was too big. Oh well, adaptation is the name of the game, so I adapted.
Julie's instructions and the link to the video is all I need to say about it. Once I had my card base, I put everything together, added a sentiment to the front and to the inside. I did cover the triangle area on the inside with the piece I had cut off.
Well that is all for today,
Visit again soon and Happy Crafting!
Links and Supplies used:
Cookie Stamp Set
Gnome Stamp Set
Paper: Moraccan Spice
Supplies by Card:
Gel Pen in Copper and White
Pentel: Silver and Gold
All Paper and Ribbon from Moraccan Spice Paper pack.
Gingerbread Cookie Cutter:
Green Paper from a previous kit, Red Bazzil
Embellishments: Twimkle Goose bumps by Queen and Co in Red
Archival Ink: Potting Soil, Red Geranium
Clear Embossing Powder: Hero Arts
Distress Ink: Fired Brick
Copics: W0, 01
Die from My Favorite Things, Stitched Squares
Paper: Print: Bobuuny: Elf Magic
Ribbon from Stash
Kraft Paper came from Moroccan Spice, other paper from Stash, unknown manufacturer
Water Color Paper: Strathmore 400 series, 140# Cold Press
Stencil: Gina Laser Designs, Twined Hearts
Spray: Primary Element: Beach-House Blue in mini miste
Archival Ink: Grey
Embossing Powder: Clear, Hero Art
Versafine: Onyx Black for sentiment
Embossing Powder for Snowflakes: Seafoam and Mediterranean Blue from Sprinkle and Sparkle