Monday, November 28, 2016

Club Scrap: Pop up Time

Hi, Today I am going to share one of my favorite techniques.  Pop Ups.  They can be intimidating and confusing, a bit fussy, but a whole lot of fun!!  I have a daughter that expects every card to "do something".   If you have someone on your list that is amused by such things, read on.

First: this is a lead in to the Blog Hop over at Club Scrap in a few days.  My Card for this posting is a simple uncomplicated popup.  Most of the time we avoid the obvious simple, but with a little embellishment that can be show stoppers.  Let's look at the card:


Outside is simple:


Perfection!!

I used the March 2016 Kit: Paris Flea Market and the Gnome II Unmounted rubber.  The lady is hard to see, sorry, she is a wobble and wobbling she was.  I have a better photo of her later.


So How did I make this.

Started with a 5X 7 card base.  They need to be bigger than the standard A2 and the heavier the cardstock the better.  Club Scrap paper is perfect.  It doesn't crack with all the bending and holds up to repeated moving parts around.

Calculated how big I wanted my boxes.  Any size works and starting from the bottom measured up 3/4" and drew my first line.  This line is 3.5" tall.  Went over 3.5" and drew a second line, also 3.5".
The next line is 3" over and 3" tall, and the final line (which is at the bottom in the photo) is over 2.5" and 2.5" tall.  There are plenty of videos that show this, just google pop up boxes.

Fold them over in both directions and score.

Pop them open.  Now the fun begins.




I also copic colored the package and the gnome. Added these to the card and a few bows.  The Gnome has a Wobble behind her, so she wiggles back and forth when you open the card.


Trying a new technique to see if the action shows up.  Will be important for the blog hop.

That is it for me today,
Happy Crafting 
Josette

Links:
Club Scrap: Club Scrap
Paris Flea Market

1 comment: